There are typically two ways to buy insurance
- With a Direct Writer. These are companies like Allstate or State Farm. They are sometimes called captive agents or exclusive agents. Their agents are either employees or “exclusive agents” who only offer that particular company’s products. While they often offer good insurance solutions, they typically can not shop around for other opportunities which may better suit consumer needs.
- With an independent agency. Typically, an independent agent can offer a variety of insurance products from different insurance companies, they work for you. This allows them to have a wide variety of options to suit every customer’s needs. This option provides more resources to find coverage that best suits customer’s personal situations.
Independent agents can do important things for you
With an independent insurance agent, they are your legal representative, your agent. They are licensed by your state and carry with them the responsibility to be your advocate. These agents put your interests first over and above their own, or the insurance company. Independent agencies work for you.
- Shop for you. Many people think they are saving money by going direct, but that typically isn’t the case. Independent agents look for the best combination of price, coverage, and service. Agents have the ability to quickly check competitive prices of different insurance companies. These insurance agents will help you get the best insurance value for your money.
- One stop shop. Independent agents are a one-stop-shop for all of your insurance needs. Typically, an agent will sell more than just auto insurance; they will sell homeowners, renters, boat, motorcycle, life and business insurance. Use these agents – at no cost to yourself – to handle all of your insurance needs in one place, it’s that simple.
- Be your expert. Insurance can get complicated, but it’s an agent’s business to understand it and communicate it to you in order for you to understand it also. Each state has different coverages that may look the same at first glance, but on closer examination things work out differently. Independent agents get you information quickly in order to save you time.
- They work for you. With an independent agent, you will get personal service and advice from highly-trained professionals who have your best interests in mind. This agent will provide you with personalized claims service; you will not have to talk to someone who does not understand you or your claim. Your independent insurance agent is there for you when you need assistance and can act as an important resource for you during the claims process.
If you’d like to know more about insurance solutions from an independent insurance agency covering New Hampshire and Maine, please reach out to us. We’d love to answer any questions you may have. Www.keslarinsurance.com 603-273-0953.